Tuesday, March 1, 2011

toothless grins, family times and a Holy washer

A couple of weeks ago, my folks, my brother's family and our family met at the Machine Shed for lunch.  It is always a bit of a circus when we all get together like this, but I must say it is getting somewhat easier as the kids get older.

Right?

I think so!!!



Well, the food was good and the company was awesome.

And we only ticked the waitress off slightly...
I mean, you really can't expect seven hungry children to NOT dig into the cottage cheese
that was supposed to be served with the adult dinners, right.  

Really...lets get real!!!!

What's an extra bowl of cottage cheese to ya anyway....geez!!!

OK...on to another subject....

If I did giveaways on my blog, there would be a giveaway for anyone who could come
up with the answer to this question...

What went through my washer?


Drum roll please....


Ok, you guessed it....a small New Testament Bible.

Imagine the horror of this mess...I mean I really thought a mouse or something had gotten into 
my washer...

As I began to read the tiny words on the tiny shreds of paper, I realized that they were minute pieces of 
Bible pages....

How in the world...

I was mortified...

I was raised that the Bible was to be treated with respect and reverence...
certainly not washed in the washer.

By this point I am trying to figure out how this happened...I checked all of a certain son's pockets..
or so I thought...
I guess I forgot the leg pocket on his cargo pants.
It was at this point that I thought...

How cool is it that....my son carried a Bible in his pocket at school that day!!!!!

And then I vacuumed my washer out and later my dryer.



Meghan lost both of her front teeth a few weeks ago.
And I have literally been chasing her around the house with my camera.
I.love.toothless.kids!!!!
So cute!!!

She talked me into fingerpainting last week...
not my favorite craft by any means...




My dear sweet hubby brought me these on Valentine's Day...


Oh, and a back rubber thingy...I think that was a hint that he might be tired of me
asking him to rub my back!!!

The back rubber thingy is nice...(he uses it too)!!!

I'm so romantic...I made him a spice cake!!!!
You can oooo and ahhh now....


No, Chase, you still can't be a house dog...I know you dream of it, but it ain't happenin'!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment