Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'm back....with a March summary...

March was a busy month...looking back at these photos, I remember that the weather was quite variable....snow, flip flops, and sidewalk chalk all in the same month...

only in Iowa!!!!

Meghan lost her front teeth

and was absolutely adorable!!!

I took all the photos I could!!!



The girls set up a "store" downstairs

oh my!!!

Quite ingenious!!!

Spirit days at school included

mismatch/crazy day



Dress up day

Disney character day

Here goes the side walk chalk...Meghan was so proud of her creation!!!!



  A little flip flop action!!!


Someone's 9th birthday!!!!  He's quite the young man!!!!






Flowers from friends and family...such a burst of spring!!!!

A fun "do it yourself" pizza meal courtesy of another friend!!!  What fun!!



Jory and I hit a big deer with my truck....big ouchie!!!  It did not happen at a very convenient time, but fortunately we weren't hurt.  The deer on the other hand...she'd seen better days!!!




March is prime calving time at our house...this little girl plopped out in a muddy, wet ditch...

so the Cow Whisperer brought her into the shop to get warmed up.  Chase helped, too!!  

And so did these three...



Well, the time had come to reunite the little one with her mother, but not before Miss Meghan
got awfully attached to her.

The kids and I drover her down to the feed lot...

I think she was a bit shy
and maybe nervous?!?!

I can't imagine why!!!

Here's where we get to watch the Cow Whisperer (CW) at his best!!!

In the aptly named "Hunderossa Corral"

Yes, folks, thats afterbirth...

cold afterbirth...

CW so thoughtfully saved it, thinking he might just be able to put it to good use in a few hours?!?!
Oh my!!!  



Sniff, sniff...I think ol' 781 is remembering she was missing something...

atta girl!!!!


Meghan was most distraught because 781 kept lunging at her and snorting...
as we were leaving the corral, Meghan was crying
"Bye, Rose, see you soon..."

Who knew she named it?


Looking for a new paint color in our downstairs...

Thinking I'm going with Behr Burnished Metal...
(don't tell anyone, but today is May 29th and this part of the wall STILL looks this way!)



Oh, and last but not least....
I drove CW's truck for a few weeks while mine was getting repaired...
Meghan happened to find some electrical tape in it and thought that 
it might help with the glare from the sun at her first softball practice.


Next post will be all about April!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment