Monday, October 27, 2008

Manic Monday

Sometimes I feel the list of "have tos" is so long that the list of "want tos" gets left behind....


Have to: fix supper, wash laundry, bathe kids, do the dishes, fold laundry (is it ever done?!?), pay bills, clean the bathroom, put away laundry (this is for some reason hard for me), fix the kids' lunches for tomorrow, stage the coats/bags/shoes for launch in the am...I could go on, but I will spare you any further ugly details.


Want to: say yes more and no less (sure you can finger paint at the kitchen table, go ahead and draw funny faces in the steamed up window, help me bake the cookies?...no problem...go get your step stool), read more stories with the kids, more "mama time" than just one song before bed, scrapbook a bit...hmm, what else....phone some friends, snap some photos...how much time do you have to read this?...


Life is sometimes a hard balance and I find myself far from Shawn Johnson in terms of the "gold medal". Is there ever enough organization or time? More patience, please, Lord!!! Help me live in the moment and not always be on to the next thing or feel like I'm behind before my day even begins...BE CONTENT and appreciate these times...even through the chaos!!! Be content!!!! I can guarantee I won't look into these eyes and wish I had done anything else or tried to be any other way....

Thank you, Lord, for my precious family. Help me not to be frustrated with the pace of life, but to be thankful for the time I do have with them each and every day!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that you had a new link - and then I saw the good news. A new little bundle of pink to love on.

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete