Sunday, April 19, 2009

april 10 - my {meg}

Today's post is dedicated to my dear little Meghan!!!  I love this picture of her - she was in the horse barn at Wesley Woods getting ready to ride *big grin*!!!  This photo was actually taken a few weeks ago when we were out at the camp over spring break.  

Anyway, Meg has fought with her tonsils all winter long...cough, nasal drainage, sore throat, ear infection, cough...strep throat three times....anyway, I finally decided that it might be best to see about getting them taken out.  A week ago today, I had to get Meghan from school after they called because she was crying with an earache less than an hour after I dropped her off.  She was put on a different antibiotic and I made the appointment with her pediatrician to discuss the tonsil thing...well, after a week on the new medicine, her tonsils were literally half the size they had previously been, she was no longer snoring at night, and her voice was back to normal.  Praise God!!!  But I did feel a bit stupid as I talked to her dr. today....her throat looked completely normal and she was doing hopscotch on the tiles in the floor of the exam room!!!  So....the tonsillectomy is currently postponed....*whew*!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment