Monday, March 23, 2009

march 21 - one {last} party...

Aiden's birthday cake....I have to mention that I sent Aiden to mom and dad's yesterday afternoon after our horse back riding expedition, looking like a cowboy.  He came home this afternoon all urbanized with the hat and canvas boat shoes.  He looked adorable after grandma had taken him shopping.... 
Ready to blow...
For any of you who were wondering....I.am.not.a.cake.decorator!!!!  I gave it my best shot and the cake was edible...but perfection was off by a long shot!!!  It did somewhat resemble a football, I think!!!
Rock 'Em...Sock 'Em...Robots.....we just about had a real life know down drag out over this one!!!

This is a great picture of the photogenic Chad and his girlfriend *meg is covering her eyes at the mention of that word* Erin.  We were glad they could come over, too!!!
Aiden's surprise when opening a red barn from Papa and Nana...this is something he will use with his farm machinery!!!
Bebe Alaina....so beautiful!!!
My "baby" Calyn...looking sweet and innocent.....
Meghan and Alaina...she, too, is enamored with the little lady!!!
This is a photo that I actually "worked on" in photoshop, so it is a bit brighter...

We spent the day today getting ready for family to come over to grill out and celebrate Aiden's birthday.  I know, I know....seems like the celebration is lasting forever, but this will really be the last post about it.  The weather was beautiful...absolutely gorgeous!!!!  We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and had some other "summer" foods to go along with them.  Aiden had a few gifts to open and really just enjoyed spending time with his grandparents, aunts, uncle and cousins.  We all enjoyed Alaina...she's so sweet...her disposition is precious and those eyes!!!  I tell ya....Calyn just couldn't get enough of her.  I think she wanted to carry her around...we obviously didn't let that happen, but she did hold her for a bit after tricking daddy to get out of the rocking chair.  Clever little thing, she is!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment